- The release of enhanced PCB design suite by Number One Systems brings performance in schematic capture and PCB layout
- The latest version has a great number of enhancements – all done by taking in suggestions from regular users
Number One Systems, a PCB design solution company, has announced the release of Easy-PC version 24 having over 50 new enhancements.
With these developments, Easy-PC delivers performance in schematic capture and PCB layout normally associated with products at ten or even twenty times the price. The system has been designed to be simple to learn so that board designers can be productive within a short amount of time (new customers have reported they are producing their first board within hours of installing the software).
The latest version comes with over 50 new features and enhancements that have been developed in direct response to feedback from the many thousands of customers that use Easy-PC daily.
A few of the new enhancements found in version 24 of Easy-PC include:
- One of the Manufacturability Enhancements added to enhance copper pour areas and thermal spokes on pads enable the control of thermal spokes on individual pads or pad styles. This means pads on the same net can be allocated to different thermal spokes depending on their size.
- A Dockable Nets Bar shows details of the nets in a PCB design that can dynamically display Net Name, Net Class, Total Track Length, Min/Max Length Values and Rules, Via Count and Test Land Count.
- Intelligent Design Backups option has been enhanced to operate based on ‘Work Time’ rather than a hard, absolute time. This ensures that a meaningful amount of work is done between each backup regardless of how frequent the design is saved, meaning that saves can be done as often as desired without “filling up” the set of cyclic design backups with tiny incremental differences.
“We are a very customer-centric company and welcome our customers’ input on how to help them achieve their design goals more quickly and efficiently,” said Fiona Colman, marketing manager at Number One Systems. “In addition to the many new product enhancements, we provide an online library resource of over 15 million parts to support our customers with their productivity.”
Along with the above developments, Number One Systems has partnered with Ucamco, enabling them to embed the New Online Gerber Viewer into the Number One website so that designers can now drop Gerber files or zip files onto this interface for free viewing.
Additional 45+ Easy-PC enhancements found in version 24 can be viewed at the company website.