- 2 Dividend Raises
- 3 sources of passive Revenue
- $1,201.92 from dividends
- 29 shares/models dripped in April
Sorry for the shortage of posts. Time is severely simply flying by. It actually is difficult to consider we’re already in Might. Right here in Ontario the climate doesn’t really feel like Might that’s for certain however final weekend was a buddy’s fortieth and he heated his pool for the massive day. After all I took benefit of a number of drinks and a late evening swim. So no complaints, swimming early this yr!
- Easter was nice this yr. We had our neighbourhood Easter egg festivities, frolicked with my household on the Saturday and on Sunday had the spouse’s entire household over. In all probability 60 individuals? Nothing makes me happier than seeing everybody collectively without delay once more.
- We have now been watching the leafs and Jays on a buddy’s patio and having fun with these coors lights. Its protected to say I’ve had my justifiable share already this spring.
- How about these leafs? What an excellent first recreation. All of the particular groups got here out to play and Campbell acquired that shutout. We see Matthews and Marner each had an excellent recreation, so possibly the playoff critics can loosen up. The lightning are an excellent staff although, so I count on them to come back out sturdy for recreation 2. (arg they did, too many leaf penalty’s)
- I’ve been working 6 days every week and on days off have taken on some facet jobs, or labored on my gardens.
- Went to a buddy’s dads place for trout opener. He lives in a conservation space and the trout run proper by his yard. Caught 4 trout that day, very good!
Lets get to the passive income though right? This month we can see that heloc putting in some real work. Compounding engaged!
Alright, Let’s Get To Our April 2022 Passive Income
2 Raises this month.
- JNJ through down a solid 6.6% dividend raise which added 18.76 to our forward income
- PG bumped theirs 5%. Not bad, we got spoiled with that 10% raise last year. Added income – $4.15
Whole Added Revenue from Dividend Raises in 2022 – $144.04
Pg is one in every of my smallest positions nonetheless, Id like to develop this place however simply cant appear so as to add to them at present costs. I may nibble in the event that they go below 150.
April 2022 Dividend Income
13 Firms paid us this month.
|Stocks||April 2021 Income||April 2022 Income|
|Transcontinental||27.23 (1 Drip)||sold|
|Smart Centers||26.05||33.92 (1 Drip)|
|Cisco||51.06||52.44 (1 Drip)|
|Rit Etf||64.53 (3 Drips)||66.96 (3 drips)|
|Restaurant Brands||73.98||75.17 (1 Drip)|
|Telus||79.98 (3 Drips)||87.74 (2 drips)|
|BNS||91.80 (1 Drip)||106.00 (1 Drip)|
|Aecon Construction||111.93 (6 Drips)|
|TD Bank||101.91 (1 Drip)||145.07 (1 Drip)|
|Bell Canada||79.63 (1 Drip)||149.96 (2 Drips)|
|Tc Energy||114.84 (1 Drip)||153.90 (2 drips)|
|Algonquin Power||66.08 (3 Drips)||175.63 (9 Drips)|
29 shares Dripped in April
$382.09 greater than final yr, or a 46.6% enhance. Very good! These are positively our heavy months today. 6 Firms paying over 100 bucks quarterly in these months now. Adore it. Additionally a number of drips, suppose I really like that extra =)
In case your try our Earlier Dividend Revenue Experiences.
Our Drips (Dividend Reinvestment Program) added $44.87 to our yearly ahead dividend’s this month. BAM! That’s positively our highest ever drip. =)
Private Investment Payment – $1000.00
In March we added an additional 50k to our family’s private investment. We now will bring in 1k a month from this. =) Straight to the heloc.
Solar Panel Income
In March (We always get paid a month later) our solar panel system generated 269 kWh. Since we bring in a fixed rate of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour, Hydro One deposited $189.79 into our chequing account this month.
Last March the system generated $302.40 but the year before it brought in 200 bucks. Glad I have these records, I was shocked to see such a difference. That’s the weather these days. Like I said earlier it doesn’t feel like May at the moment….
Total Income for 2022 – $336.71
System Installed January 2018
Total System Cost ——–$32,396.46
Total Income Received ——–$10,213.24
Quantity to Break even —- $-22,183.22
Total April 2022 Passive Income – $2,391.71
April 2021 Passive Revenue – $1,622.33
A monster development price, particularly contemplating how properly photo voltaic did final yr. That is the primary month we see the ability of our heloc serving to pace the compounding of the portfolio. Its not for everybody and with rising rates of interest I’ve been a bit of slower deploying it. Who is aware of what the market will do, slowly In poor health follow the plan and deploy it.
Totals For 2022
Dividends Yr To Date Whole – $3,568.85
Different Passive Revenue Yr thus far – $3,532.18
Whole Passive Revenue for 2022 —– $7,101.03
Yr Finish Objective – $25,000
Last month was another busy month for purchases.
A company I have always wanted in the portfolio. Its in the cyclical sector which we didn’t have much exposure to. (which is a nice bonus) High dividend growth and was near 52 week lows.
We added 10 shares at $299.91 per share. This added $76.00
We added to our td bank position by buying an additional 30 shares @ $99.59 per share
This adds $82.50
We basically doubled our manulife position @26.97 by adding 188 shares.
This adds $248.16
I added 5 more shares of microsoft at 283.63
This added $12.40
We started a new position in them. Got 10 shares @ 166.54
All in all we added $465.06 to our forward dividend income last month. We also grew 2 of our lowest sectors, (tech & cyclical) which I always like to do. Unfortunately the financial stock purchases are now underwater, but that’s also a good thing looking at those starting yields. We may add to our existing bns and national bank positions at these current prices.
Financial Goals Update
Increase Dividends by $4285.81 this year. (bringing our forward income from dividends to $13,000 a year)
The goal for 2022 is to have a forward passive income of $27,500 thousand by the end of the year. I plan on doing this by refinancing our house and taking advantage of these low interest rates. I want to max out some accounts and let compounding do their magic. Its a big goal and will almost double our current passive income.
- With New Purchases, Drips, and Dividend Raises we continued to grow the size of our dividend Portfolio. Total increased so far in 2022 is $2,107.85
Etf Monthly Minimum Purchase of $250
- This month we added 10 more units of xaw etf.
- Questrade* is great because it offers free etf trades and cheaper stock trading options than most Canadian brokers. $250.00 a month would kill us if we needed to pay high trading fees.
- * Note the questrade link is a affiliate link and at no additional cost to you, I would get a little payment if you were to sign up. You could get $50 in free trades by using my affiliate link though.
April 2022 Passive Income Conclusion
This may have been the best report I’ve wrote up since the blog started. You read it everywhere but I’ll say it again. Compounding really adds up. I’m a huge fan of drips but seeing almost 50 bucks in forward income now is amazing to me. If those companies continue to pay their dividends and don’t even raise it, our dividend income will be almost 200 dollars higher April next year.
I hope you all had a wonderful April as well, hanging with family and friends, eating chocolate eggs and collecting those dividends.
Wish you nothing but the best, cheers
The compound effect is the principle of reaping huge rewards from a series of small, smart choices . – Darren Hardy
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.